Residential & Commercial Valuation of Solar
Solar photovoltaic system installations are continuing to increase as the price becomes more feasible in the many markets. Appraisers will find the valuation a challenge without knowledge of the technology and data available to use the methodology most appropriate. Appraisers must expand their knowledge base to understand how electricity is priced, how solar PV is priced, and how solar PV functions to develop a credible value. If you are seeking education that will hone your skills or teach you new ones, this is the course for you. Residential and commercial appraisers will work together to apply an income capitalization approach and cost approach to valuing energy produced for solar PV systems. All you need is a smartphone, IPad, or laptop computer with Internet access, and you’ll be able to use a free online software to value the energy that solar systems produce. Please note. This course does not address utility-scale solar (solar farms), solar thermal, or other on-site renewable energy generation.
Upon completion of the course, participants should be able to:
• Comprehend and identify the solar PV language.
• Identify and understand the documents and data necessary to value solar PV systems.
• Describe, understand, and analyze solar PV components and their relevance to market valuation.
• Develop a credible value opinion using the tools, worksheets, and resources provided.
• Recognize potential valuation problems, including appraisal standards and lender-underwriter concerns.
Note. This course is in the Valuation of Sustainable Buildings Professional Development Program. For a list of FAQs, which includes information regarding the courses you'll need to successfully complete the program, click here.
This course is approved for 15 GBCI CE Hours by the USGBC.
Instructor: Sandra Adomatis, SRA
|Event Date||03-21-2018 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||03-22-2018 5:00 pm|