Business Practices and Ethics
This course addresses topics that were not included in the previous version, such as the Guide Notes to Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice. Numerous Q&As address real-life, up-to-date matters that appraisers encounter in various assignments, including mortgage lending, litigation, property tax appeal, and many more.
The course contains relevant and much-needed information for professional appraisers.
The content emphasizes:
- Business practices issues, such as how to respond to seemingly unreasonable requests, how to address client pressure, and how to approach a complex assignment
- Which standards apply to Appraisal Institute Designated Members, Candidates for Designation, Practicing Affiliates, and Affiliates, and when they apply
- The key principles of the Standards of Valuation Practice
- How to identify and avoid behavior that violates the Standards of Valuation Practice
- The correct way to use the Appraisal Institute's designations, emblems, and logo
- Understanding the Appraisal Institute's enforcement process
NOTE: The AQB approved this course for 4 hours of CE. This is due to some content being specific to the Appraisal Institute. Check with your state for approved credit hours.
NOTE: You are required to have the following documents with you in class and will receive a download link during the registration process: Guide Notes to the Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice of the Appraisal Institute, Certification Standard of the Appraisal Institute, Code of Professional Ethics and Explanatory Comments, Common Errors and Issues in the Appraisal Report, Preamble to the Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice of the Appraisal Institute, Standards of Valuation Practice, and Appraisal Institute Summary of Regulation No. 6. The documents are accessible by download only. All students, including those that chose the direct ship or pick up on-site option of materials delivery, must download these materials during registration.
- Designated Members
- Candidates for Designation
- Practicing Affiliates and those interested in readmitting to the Appraisal Institute. Note. This course is required CE for Designated Members
For Further Reading
|•||The Appraisal of Real Estate, 14th ed.|
|•||The Dictionary of Real Estate Appraisal , 6th ed.|
|Event Date||09-27-2017 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||09-27-2017 5:00 pm|
|Cut off date||09-22-2017|
|Individual Price||AI Price|
|Location||Deep River Event Center|