Introduction to Green Buildings: Principles & Concepts
This one-day introductory course focuses on the evolution of green buildings, the concept of sustainability in buildings, and the principles, practices, and components that distinguish sustainable from conventional buildings.
Upon completion of the course, participants should be able to:
• Recognize competency and standards implications of appraising green buildings
• Understand the evolution of green buildings
• Understand the six elements of green building
• Identify benefits and costs of green buildings
• Recognize the green building certification and rating programs for energy conservation and sustainability
• Understand the primary areas of green reporting
• Understand highest and best use implications
• Consider the three approaches to value in the context of green buildings.
Note. This course is in the Valuation of Sustainable Buildings Professional Development Program. For a list of FAQs, which includes information regarding the courses you'll need to successfully complete the program, click here.
This course is approved for GBCI CE Hours by the USGBC.
Students must purchase this book and bring with them to class
• Residential Green Valuation Tools.
Instructor: Sandra Adomatis, SRA
|Event Date||03-19-2018 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||03-19-2018 5:00 pm|